Duke has a few different organizational affiliations with CITI, be sure to login through "Duke RCR" to access Duke's online RCR options. Within the "Duke RCR" organization, please select either the Faculty or Staff option; both of these course tracks include modules on Introducing RCR, Reproducibility, Conflicts of Interest, Data Management, Research Misconduct, and a Duke-specific case study.
Complete the RCR course that best matches your research role and responsibilities at Duke:
- Faculty - RCR Duke Course has 10 required modules. In addition to those mentioned above, there are modules on Collaborative Research, Authorship, Mentoring, and Plagiarism.
- Staff - RCR Duke Course has 6 required modules (listed above).
- Total estimated time to complete: approximately 1.5-3 hr
- In order to receive credit, you must achieve 80% or higher on each of the required module quizzes. You will have the opportunity to re-take the quizzes and review the material as many times as necessary to achieve 80% or higher.
If you do not have a Duke CITI account follow all steps below. If you do have a Duke CITI account, after step 1, jump to step #5.
- Go to the CITI Program webpage and click REGISTER (click LOGIN if you do have a Duke CITI account).
- Type “Duke RCR (SSO)” in the text box below.
- Check the second box that popped up when you checked the previous one: “I affirm that I am an affiliate of Duke RCR.”
- Click the “Continue to SSO Login/Instructions” blue button. You will be directed to the Duke netID login page.
- Click “View Courses” next to “Duke RCR”
- Click “Add a Course”
- Answer Question 1 to select the right course
- Complete the entire course and quizzes
- Have you reached a score 80% or higher on all quizzes? If so, Congratulations. Your credit will be processed in up to 15 days.