The RCR Research Communication and Data Dissemination online course was written to be inclusive of the biomedical sciences, social sciences, and physical sciences. The content is presented with interactive graphics, text-based activities, short videos, and discipline specific scenarios. It was developed by Epigeum, Oxford University Press in collaboration with academic institutions.
The RCR Research Communication and Data Dissemination course includes 3 modules:
1) Authoring and Publication
2) Data and Resource Sharing
3) Wider Communication of Research
June 29, 2020: Duke Learning Management System has identified an issue with the latest version of the Chrome browser (ver 83),it is not moving online courses to completion. Please use FireFox or Safari to complete this course. The LMS team is working with course developers to implement a solution.
- Total estimated time to complete: approximately 1.5-3 hr
- To receive RCR-100 level credit, you must open each of the three modules and achieve at least 80% on each of the 3 accompanying assessments (one for each module). You will have unlimited attempts to take each post-module assessment.
- The course is housed within the Duke LMS, once you register for the course using the link above, the first module will launch automatically, and then you can navigate to the other modules through the LMS course.
**Please use Chrome, Safari, or Firefox to access these modules, viewing the content in Internet Explorer will NOT work**
If you decide to take the "RCR Research Communication and Data Disseminaton" course again, in another 3 years, when your next RCR-100 due date approaches please follow the instructions below:
- Use this link to re-register for the course in LMS
- Download these step-by-step instructions with screen-shots; also summarized below:
- Click on the "Register" button. (on the far-right under "Web Based Training" box)
- LMS states the course has been completed. Select the "Continue Registration" hyperlink
- You will receive a confirmation email and link to "launch content" from the email. Or you can use the re-registration link referenced above, and navigate to the Learning Assignments tab through LMS
If you are interested in the content and format of this online course, there are other modules from this same series on Research Quality and Reproducibility that are available for wider use across Duke.