“We Can Be a Model of Best Practices”
Learn about anticipated benefits for faculty and staff, from Dr. Megan Huchko, the OBGYN Research Quality Officer and Mark Ferguson, Lead Research Administrator about the new Research Quality Management Program (RQMP) for OBGYN.
Megan Huchko, MD, MPH, Research Quality Officer and CRU Director speaks to OBGYN Faculty and Staff about the benefits of the RQMP for individuals and for the department.
Listen to full interview (9 minutes)
- Q1: What are the primary goals of the RQMP in the OBGYN Department?
- Q2 (2:40): How do you anticipate that the OBGYN faculty and staff benefit from the RQMP?
- Q3 (3:45): How can the OBGYN faculty and staff contribute to improving the quality of their research- as individuals? Or collectively, as a part of the OBGYN department?
- Q4 (6:15): How would you respond to any concerns related to the RQMP among Faculty?
“The RQMP does not mean more work for you"
- Q1: What is one important thing you would like to communicate to research staff from your new LRA role?
- Q2 (3:54): What is the next important implementation milestone of the program?
- Q3 (5:42): What questions have you been asked most often by your research staff related to RQMP? Please use this opportunity to answer them now, briefly.
Each department, center, and institute in the School of Medicine is developing a research quality management program. The program for each unit is led by a Research Quality Officer (RQO) and Lead Research Administrator (LRA). The oversight responsibilities of the RQO and LRA are generally split between research and research administration respectively, however, the intent of bringing these responsibilities together under one program is to facilitate communication and understanding between these branches and to ensure that faculty and staff are working collectively toward common goals of improved research quality, scientific integrity and accountability.
- Learn about the new program’s implementation timeline
- Research Quality Plan guidance PDF
- Research Quality Management Program Proposal
- Research Quality Plan Worksheet (download for fillable PDF)
- Attend RQMP Office Hours or email email@example.com if you have any questions about the program